Baobab | The Tree of Life + Why It Makes the Perfect Moisturizer
The Skin Resource MD // Baobab Skin Correction Facial Cream is one of my all-time favorite skincare products and in this video I break down the ingredients and what makes it the perfect moisturizer that really does it all.
- It is a succulent, which means that during the rainy season it absorbs and stores water in its vast trunk, enabling it to produce a nutrient-dense fruit in the dry season when all around is dry and arid. This is how it became known as “The Tree of Life.”
- Baobab trees grow in 32 African countries.
- The tree is also known as the “Tree of Life,” due to its nutrient-dense fruit that serves as a very nourishing food during the dry season – and, as the vast trunks of the trees store hundreds/thousands of? gallons of water, animals like elephants chew on the bark for hydration.
- Baobab powder, made from the fruit, contains more antioxidants than any other fruit on Earth, and has been touted as an incredible superfood, but of course, this fruit also produces baobab oil.
- Due to the oil’s wealth of nutrients, it sinks deep within your skin to nourish the skin cells and promote gorgeous, healthy skin.
- Aside being an important, nutritious source of food for local people in many African countries, the baobab tree has the potential to increase the incomes of local communities, particularly women.
- Baobab oil is a clear, golden yellow oil with a slight nutty odor. The oil is obtained by cold pressing or Co2 extraction of the dried baobab seeds.
Thanks for watching!
More posts on