Clean Beauty | Why I’m Transitioning and Why You Should Too
What Clean Beauty Means to Me
- lots of natural
- lots of organic
- no toxins
- no products with synthetic dyes or fragrance
- no parabens
- no sodium lauryl sulfate
- no triclosan
- no phthalates
- you can read more about these and why they’re bad here
- basically, things aren’t regulated like they should be (not even close) so we need to do the work ourselves. I’m here to do the work for you and be your resource for safe products [for the whole family].
Why I’m Making the Switch
- safety for my family and for myself
- want to live long for them
- being conscious of what I’m putting in and on my body // Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- wellness as a whole is something I talk about and I believe strongly that wellness has to do with every aspect of your life (cleaning products, things we eat, meditation times, etc)
Steps I’m Going To Take
- take an inventory of all and swap out cleaners // easiest step ever because Thieves takes care of ALL of my cleaners
- oils // I just started using YL oils and I’m making some of my own beauty products, diffusing oils, etc
- look at the things you’re using every single day/ these are going to have the biggest impact on you (toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo & conditioner, etc)
- I’m going to look for natural alternatives for headaches, muscles aches, and digestive issues (the things I deal with the most)
- going to scan all my products/as a beauty blogger this is hard but I am going to do it in sections. shower and body stuff. makeup, haircare, nails, skincare // with the app called “think dirty” and also checking ingredients on Skin Deep/EWG
Things I’m Already Doing
- Aveda salon // plant-based salon
- using aluminum-free deodorant // currently using Kopari
- using natural toothpaste (I’ll share some of my faves later)
- to find the best clean brands and products (sharing the best beauty products has always been my goal)
- finding affordable safe beauty brands // I don’t think we should have to pay 3x the amount for something safe so I’m on a mission to find affordable AND safe things.
- to soon (over the course of a few months) be completely “clean beauty”
If you take anything away from this, just read your labels, look into the ingredients on in your products, subscribe to my blog to get updates because I will be posting about more clean beauty tips and products as I take on this journey, use apps like BeautyBy to find new clean skincare, just be conscious of what you’re using on your body.
What Questions Do You Have?
What organic, natural safe beauty brands have you been wanting to try but haven’t yet? Let me know and I’ll test them out for you so you don’t have to!
Thanks so much for reading, are you ready to go clean beauty with me?