As you can tell by the title of this post, today I’m sharing 5 ways to get moving. Being active is super important for a million reasons. I’m sharing how I stay motivated and why.
How To Be More Active | 5 Tips
- Set your daily minimum goal, for me it’s to at least take a walk everyday, if for some reason I can’t even do that then I do a few squats.
- Get new active wear, it might sound silly to some but this helps me a lot actually. Having the right gear (for anything, not just working out) makes all the difference. I just ordered some new leggings from Fabletics and I’m excited to try them because everything raves about them. My favorite workout shoes are Nike Flyknits, they feel like your walking on a cloud and fit my feet so well.
- Track your fitness, I have an Apple Watch but I’ve used a Fitbit, and various others in the past. This is probably the number one thing that motivates me to get moving. It has reminders to get moving and I set my goals based on my previous week, not to mention it syncs with my phone so I’m connected all day. I can’t live without it.
- Establish your “why”. Why do you want to be more active, why do you want to be more healthy? Here are a few of mine.
- Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- I want to be my best healthiest self for my family, husband and girls. I want to live long to see all my people grow.
- I feel 1000x better after I get moving in any way (walks, workout, runs etc) and I make Chris remind me of this. Having an accountability person is important.
- Don’t make excuses. I can find hundreds of reasons to not do the workout, or not go for a walk. Make your health a priority. If you feel too tired to get out and go for a walk then maybe you’re not getting enough sleep at night. Get back to the basics and listen to your body. Get enough sleep at night, eat to fuel your body (not for pleasure), drink your water, and get MOVING.
What are you going to do today to reach your goals?
Oh, a couple more things. Set realistic goals, give yourself grace, and love yourself no matter where you’re at in your healthy living journey.
Shop My Fave Activewear + Gear
Thank you for reading today.