How to Keep your Skin Hydrated this Winter
How to Keep your Skin Hydrated this Winter
I haven’t always struggled with dry skin, but the older I get the more I seem to have to worry about it. Thankfully, I’ve recently discovered an unlikely way to solve my dry skin issues: Roses.
It’s no secret that I love roses and pretty much anything floral. When it comes to skincare, rose actually has a lot of benefits, especially for dry and aging skin. Today, I’m sharing everything you need to know about keeping your skin hydrated with rose, as well as some tips you can start applying today. You can totally take control of your skin, and I’m here to help!
Why is your skin dry?
If you’re suffering from dry skin, it’s important to take care of underlying issues before just jumping to solutions to cover up the problem. Here are a few reasons your skin might be dry in the first place, and ways to address them:
- Harsh, dry climate conditions – If you live in a dry climate, protect your skin with a nourishing moisturizer when going outside and humidify your home.
- Dehydration – Drink up! You should be drinking at least half your body weight in ounces of water daily.
- Poor diet – Eat enough protein and healthy fats. I love avocados and salmon.
- Weak lipid barrier – If your skin’s lipid barrier isn’t working well, your skin may not retain water properly. Natural products like Jurlique’s Moisture Plus Rare Rose range, which boosts and maintains your moisture levels throughout the day, can help restore your lipid barrier – more on that below!
- Harsh ingredients – Check the ingredients in your skincare and makeup and cut out acetone and harsh surfactants, which can cause skin redness and irritation.
- Unbalanced gut microbiome – Consider taking a probiotic or increasing your intake of yogurt and fermented foods.
What can you do?
When it comes to beauty routines, having a good skincare routine always comes first: Investing in my skin was the best thing I’ve ever done. Follow these simple steps to make sure your skin stays hydrated, healthy, and glowing!
- Don’t take hot showers – Hot water will strip your skin of essential oils and moisture. Opt for warm water instead.
- Use a gentle, soap-free cleanser – Soap and other products with harsh surfactants will strip your skin of moisture.
- Incorporate hyaluronic acid – This miracle ingredient holds 1,000 times its weight in moisture and boosts and maintains skin hydration. The Jurlique Herbal Recovery Signature Serum pairs this powerhouse ingredient with Red Clover Flower extract, which is scientifically proven to enhance hyaluronic acid’s hydrating abilities.
- Add roses to your skincare lineup – Formulated with organic rose, Jurlique Moisture Plus Rare Rose has intense hydrating and balancing properties.
- Spritz with a facial spray – The Rosewater Balancing Mist by Jurlique is clinically proven to instantly add hydration and refresh your skin. As a bonus, it also boosts your mood with its amazing rose scent!
- Use a serum and a moisturizer – Build layers of moisture by pairing a lightweight serum with a rich, nourishing moisturizer.
- Use a mask – Apply a moisture mask and leave it on overnight for intense hydration.
- Don’t lick your lips – Digestive enzymes and bacteria in saliva make chapped lips worse.
Jurlique’s Moisture Plus Rare Rose Range
This new rose line is amazing, you guys! The ingredients are great (all grown and hand-harvested at Jurlique’s biodynamic farm), the entire range is super hydrating, the packaging is gorgeous, and the scent is just perfect.
This spray is clinically proven to instantly add hydration and can even boost your mood! The rose smells amazing and the handy spray bottle makes this product super easy to use on the go. I love it because it’s so versatile and gives my skin a radiant glow.
The Rosewater Balancing Mist is formulated with hydrating ingredients including:
- Jurlique Rose, which has been scientifically proven to improve the skin barrier function and help retain essential moisture.
- Marshmallow Root Extract, a high percentage of mucilage which hydrates, softens, and balances dry skin.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, a gel-like sap extracted from Aloe Vera plants that has calming properties and moisturizes and rebalances dry skin.
Jurlique’s Moisture Plus Rare Rose Lotion
This lotion is the best of all worlds. It has a lightweight yet creamy formula, absorbs quickly, is super moisturizing, and leaves a healthy dewy finish. It smells amazing and light – like the best rose scent I’ve ever smelled. Better yet, Jurlique’s signature “fragrance” comes from natural essential oil, so you don’t have to worry about synthetic chemicals.
Jurlique’s Moisture Plus Rare Rose Serum
The serum is just as amazing as every other product in the range. It’s also very light and absorbs quickly, and I love it because it restores my skin’s glow and helps protect me from aging (hello *almost* 30).
My (Non-negotiable) Routine for Dry Skin
Jurlique’s Moisture Plus Rare Rose products are perfect for my morning routine for dry skin, which has four key elements:
- Soap-free cleanser – Gentle cleansers are super important for dry skin, otherwise, you’re just stripping your skin. I like to feel clean without my face feeling super tight.
- Rosewater Balancing Mist – Jurlique’s signature mist adds the perfect amount of moisture before the other products are layered on.
- Hyaluronic acid serum – I massage a quarter-sized amount on right after applying my toner to lock in moisture.
- Rare Rose Lotion – This lotion is the final layer and seals in moisture to deeply hydrate my skin. The result? Perfectly hydrated skin with an amazing glow.
My night routine for dry skin:
- Oil Cleanser – I massage a generous amount of Jurlique’s Nourishing Cleansing Oil all over my face and use a hot washcloth to remove it along with all of my makeup and oil from the day. It feels amazing and leaves my skin clean and soft.
- Rosewater Balancing Mist – Again, this facial spray is amazing for balancing and hydrating your skin, and preps it for the rest of your routine. I love it!
- Rare Rose Serum – This is the second to last step in my routine. I love that this serum absorbs quickly and deeply hydrates my skin before bed.
- Rare Rose Lotion – Last but not least, I finish with a layer of moisturiser. Have I mentioned how amazing Jurlique’s rose scent is?
Interested in trying my routine for yourself? Click here to shop Jurlique’s natural and effective skincare.
Are you planning to try Jurlique? Share with me your experience in the comments below.