How To Make Perfume At Home with Essential Oils
Making your own perfume with essential oils is a great way to create a personalized scent that smells amazing and is good for your body. Not only will you be able to customize the fragrance to your exact preference, but you’ll also be using natural ingredients that are beneficial to your overall health.
Here are some tips for creating a unique and long-lasting perfume using essential oils:
- Choose the right carrier oil. There are a few different types of carrier oils available for making perfume, but some of the most popular and beneficial are jojoba, sweet almond, and fractionated coconut oil. Each one has its own unique properties, so you may want to experiment with different ones to find the best one for your perfume.
- Select your essential oils. Essential oils are the basis of your homemade perfume, and they are what will give your scent its unique fragrance. Choose the ones that you love, and remember that you can use multiple essential oils in your blend to achieve the perfect scent
- Create your fragrance blend. Once you have your carrier oil and essential oils, it’s time to create your blend. Begin with a few drops of each oil and then adjust to your desired fragrance. The number of drops you add to the blend will depend on the size of the bottle, so if you’re making a larger batch, add more oil.
- A good place to start when blending is picking an earthy, citrus, and floral to get layers and different notes.
- if you want to get fancy you can do a 30/50/20 blend. 30% top notes, 50% middle notes, 30% base notes
- popular top notes: basil, bergamot, lime, grapefruit, mint, lime, lemon, rosemary, orange, lavender, neroli
- popular middle notes: black pepper, cardamom, chamomile, bay, fennel, geranium, juniper, nutmeg, yarrow
- popular base notes: cedarwood, cypress, ginger, patchouli, pine, sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver
- Store your blend. Once you’ve finished creating your unique perfume blend, be sure to store it in a dark, cool place. This will help to preserve the scent for longer.
Making your own personalized perfume with essential oils is fun! Play around with different events and blends to see what you like the best & what works best with your body. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Essential oils we use and love
Thanks for reading!