What are Blackheads
Blackheads are one of those things I don’t like to see, talk about, or even think about. They are the little tiny black dots where your pores are. Basically, they are the result of a clogged pore.
How to Take Charge of Unruly Blackheads
- I recommend getting some sort of sonic brush. Also use a clarifying lotion or toner after cleansing to wipe away the dead skin cells that cause the clogged pores.
- Use a facial scrub once or twice a week depending on your skin sensitivity.
- Use a face wash or scrub with charcoal. Charcoal is the latest and greatest in the skincare industry and for good reason, it draws out impurities aka blackheads. [ctt template=”7″ link=”R9wga” via=”no” ]Use activated charcoal powder mixed with a bit of water or coconut oil and apply as a mask.[/ctt]
- Masks are very helpful for cleaning out the pores, I love the Formula 10.0.6 Strawberry mask. I really want to try the Clinique charcoal mask as well.
- Mario Badescu Silver Powder. This is a fairly inexpensive powder that you mix with a bit of water to create a paste. It goes on your t-zone as a mask and does help with unclogging pores and leaving your skin soft and clean.
- Peels help reveal a new layer of skin and speed your skin cell turnover, so these help with unclogging as well. Use these only as directed, though, and be careful if you have sensitive skin.
- Pore strips are okay to use once in a while. If you use them you feel good about the instant gratification and seeing what the strip pulls out but using them too much will actually damage your skin.
- You can also go to a skin therapist/esthetician to have some extractions done. This is one of the pricier options, but getting facials are so beneficial and relaxing.
What works for you? I’d love if you shared in the comments!