my top 5 favorite nontoxic cleaning recipes
Cleaning your home is a non-negotiable but traditional cleaning products can be full of toxic chemicals that are harmful to your health and the environment. Fortunately, there are many simple and effective nontoxic cleaning recipes that you can make at home with just a few household ingredients. Here are my top five favorite nontoxic cleaning recipes:
- All-Purpose Cleaner: Combine equal parts water and white vinegar in a spray bottle, and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil (such as lemon or lavender) for a fresh scent. This solution is effective for cleaning countertops, bathrooms, and other surfaces.
- Glass Cleaner: Mix one part white vinegar and one part water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto the glass and wipe with a clean, dry cloth for a streak-free shine.
- Scrub for Tubs and Tiles: Mix baking soda and water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the surface and scrub with a scrub brush. Rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth.
- Carpet Cleaner: Sprinkle baking soda on your carpet, let it sit for 15 minutes, and then vacuum it up. This will remove odors and freshen up your carpet.
- Wood Floor Cleaner: Mix equal parts water and vinegar in a bucket. Mop the floor with the solution and dry it with a clean cloth. This solution is safe for all types of wood floors and will leave them shiny and clean.
These simple and effective cleaning recipes are a great alternative to traditional, toxic cleaning products. Not only are they safe for your health and the environment, but they are also budget-friendly and easy to make. Give these recipes a try and see how they work for you!
Thanks for reading!