Hey friends! I have breaking news. I am going on my first spring break vacation ever, like ever ever. It’s funny that we’re going now because I’ve been out of school for years but my MIL works in an elementary school and they go on spring break every year.
Oh and one more important breaking news update, baby Noora number 2 is coming in October! (haha, like how I slid that one in there?) I will do a proper announcement on my social channels soon, just wanted to let you guys in on the secret first.
Today I’m sharing all the things I’ve been doing to prepare to go on vacation. If you’re anything like me and have been hibernating all winter, there are some things to take care of before stripping down to summer clothes and soaking up some sun.
Spring Break Vacation Beauty Preparation
I’m going to get a spray tan this year, here’s why
- safer than tanning in a bed
- easier than doing it yourself with a self-tanning product at home
- last longer than doing it yourself (if done right)
If you don’t like tanning or getting spray tans you can always opt for an at-home tan. I am sort of a self-tanning junkie so here are my faves and tips.
- St. Tropez 1-hour Mousse | you only have to apply it for an hour (or up to 3) and then shower it off. It lasts about 5-7 days
- Madamelala Mousse | This might be my favorite mousse ever, it works instantly and lasts a week. The color is perfect and not orange at all. It also smells amazing and really hydrates your skin.
- Kona Gradual Tanner | If you prefer a tanning lotion then I recommend this one, it smells awesome and gives you nice color after a couple of uses.
- NKD SKN pre-shower tan | this is another option if you don’t like the above techniques. You just apply this 10 minutes before your shower then rinse it off when you get in. This is also a gradual tanner so it will start to really show up after a couple of uses.
- When using any tanning product use a mitt, it will save you tons of frustration (you get an even tan without orange palms). The Kona tanning mitt is the best I’ve come across so far.
- A new product I’m excited to try is the Tan-Luxe The Water, it’s a hydrating self-tan water that is actually clear so it won’t stain clothes or sheets.
I also have a post on tanning tips right here.
She wax it all off, Mr. Miyagi. Armpits, legs, bikini are all getting the special (painful) treatment, it’s so worth it because it lasts at least a week. I love using the Nair Wax ready strips because you don’t have to warm them up or make a mess. They work really well, trust me. I get the ones for legs & body and just trim them if I’m using them for my brows or armpits.
I will be going to get a gel manicure and pedicure a couple of days before we leave. I’m getting a gel manicure just so I don’t have to worry about bringing a bottle to touch up if I get any chips. You can always do your own mani at home, I love the OPI gel polishes because they last a bit longer than regular ones. A pedicure is just necessary, especially if you haven’t had one all year, now is definitely the time to do it. You can also do this at home with a pedi kit (foot file, pumice stone, etc).
Thanks for reading! Safe travels!
Inspiration of the Day
Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1