Hey friends! We recently made a trip to the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum and we want to share it with you! We love doing things like this with the girls because it’s fun for the entire family. I also love that it’s something you can do year round.
They have a new exhibit right now and if you or your kids are into dinosaurs you HAVE to go check it out. The dinosaur exhibit is very kid friendly and interactive. You can touch dinosaur feet, play with bones, and roar like a T-Rex. The children’s museum is great because you don’t have to worry about your kids breaking anything. They encourage you to run, touch, and climb for maximum fun and learning. I know as a mom I’m really nervous about my kids breaking something (especially at a museum) but that is not the case here. You can let them play with no worries.
Things To Do
- Shopping – Kids love to pretend shop and the GR Children’s museum takes it to the next level. They have a fully stocked play grocery store (part of it resembling the downtown market). Then, they have an area to checkout fully equipped with cash registers and bagging area.
- Veterinarian Area – Here your kids can treat dogs and cats in a fully decked out vet clinic. They can take an x-ray, feed, and weigh their animals before sending them on their way.
- Gas Station – The museum has a fun gas pump set up to simulate filling up your car – this was a hit for Emery.
- Hospital Area – Here they have donated hospital equipment – everything from MRI machine, to IVs, to a waiting room – for your kids to play with.
- Bubbles – They have a bubble making area that makes giant bubbles – what kid doesn’t like that.
- They also have a couple of rooms you can rent out for birthday parties, how cool would a birthday party at the museum be? We’re thinking about it for Emery next year because her birthday is in March so it would be a perfect place to have it since we can never do anything outside.
- Baby/Small Children area perfect for smaller toddlers or babies.
- Art Studio where you can make a craft to take with you.
- Lots of fun mirrors and instruments
Things To Do With Kids | Children’s Museum
Other Notable Areas
Really nice bathrooms, Emery loves that they have mini toilets
Nursing nook in case you need some more privacy while feeding the babes
Surprise! I’m giving away a 4-pack of tickets to one lucky person! There are lots of ways to enter below! You can do one or all of the options, the more you do the more entries to get! I’ll announce the winner on Monday August 5. Good luck! US only.
More Info on the Museum
The Museum is open to the public Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Thursdays 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Thursday Family Night 5 – 8 p.m.) and Sundays noon – 5 p.m. Regular admission is $9.00 per person and $8.00 for ages 65+. Thursday Family Night admission is $1.75. GRCM members and children under 1 are free! GRCM is a non-profit organization located at 11 Sheldon Avenue NE in downtown Grand Rapids. For more information and daily schedule of programming and events, please visit www.grcm.org
Do you have a Children’s Museum near you? We need to plan monthly visits because the girls had SO much fun.
Thanks for reading today!
You might also like this post Things to do with Kids, Baseball Games