What are Free Radicals? +The Antioxidant Serum You Need in Your Life
What are Free Radicals?
Oxidative stress occurs when an oxygen molecule splits into single atoms with unpaired electrons, which are called free radicals.
Free radicals are unstable atoms that can damage cells, causing illness and aging. Free radicals are linked to aging and a host of diseases.
How do free radicals affect the body?
Free radicals are toxic byproducts of oxygen metabolism that can cause significant damage to living cells and tissues in a process called “oxidative stress.” The vitamins and minerals the body uses to counteract oxidative stress are called antioxidants.
Various studies and theories have connected oxidative stress due to free radicals to:
- central nervous system diseases , such as Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- cardiovascular disease due to clogged arteries
- autoimmune and inflammatory disordersTrusted Source, such as rheumatoid arthritis and cancer
- cataracts and age-related vision decline
- age-related changes in appearance, such as loss of skin elasticity, wrinkles, graying hair, hair loss, and changes in hair texture
- genetic degenerative diseases, such as Huntington’s disease or Parkinson’s
We Need Antioxidants!
Taking Vitamin C supplements, eating lots of antioxidant-rich foods, and using skincare with antioxidants are all so important in helping reduce oxidative stress.
The Total Antioxidant Facial Serum is hands down my favorite antioxidant/Vitamin C serum. It’s velvety smooth and so nice. It even has tiny beads of vitamin c that burst open into your skin as you apply it. I’ve used it for over a year and my skin loves it.
You can shop for all Skin Resource.MD products at skinresourcemd.com The Antioxidant serum is only $20. TWENTY DOLLARS YALL!