This post is brought to you by Under the Canopy and the InfluenceHer Collective, as always all opinions are my own.
Hello, friends! Today we’re talking about organic cotton, organic sheets, organic living, and why you should be making the switch! I’ve always gotten organic sheets for the girls but never thought about my own sheets, until now. I’ve been slowly making the switch to a safer, cleaner life this year and it’s been eye-opening. Keep reading to see why you should go organic and why Under The Canopy is an amazing brand!
Why You Should Buy Organic Sheets | Under The Canopy
Why Organic Sheets
- You spend a lot of time in your bed (hopefully) so why not have the very best!? When we started making the switch to “clean” products we started with the things we use the most like laundry soap, sheets, hand soaps, etc.
- Organic means no carcinogens, pesticides, or GMOs. GMOs are linked to environmental, health, and ethical issues.
- Organic cotton means your sheets are non-GMO (GMOs can be animals or plants—like cotton—whose genetic material is manipulated artificially in a lab) therefor not linked to the issues listed above.
Why Under The Canopy
- I love sharing brands with really good values. Under The Canopy’s goal is to create the best organic products at low costs to you and I. They’re passionate about our well-being, being responsible, remaining affordable, and being easily available (that’s why they’re exclusively sold at Bed Bath & Beyond)
- I’m super impressed with all of their certifications, check them all out below!
- USDA Organic: Certified by the United States Department of Agriculture, the cotton used to make the sheets and pillowcases were grown and sourced responsibly, contain no GMOS or pesticides, and were never treated with chemicals prior or after manufacturing.
- HomeGrown Organic: The organic cotton used to create the sheets and pillowcases is verifiably grown and responsibly sourced from family owned farms in the United States.
- FSC: The “Forest Stewardship Council” helps responsibly manage and protect forests—and all of Under the Canopy’s paper packaging is FSC-certified.
- GOTS: Ensures that the raw materials, manufacturing and distribution of Under the Canopy products are free from harmful toxic substances such as heavy metals, GMO
- OEKO-TEX: Pronounced OO-koh-tex, this certification means our sheets and pillowcases have not been manufactured using the harmful chemicals found in conventional textile production.
- They also have lots of color options to choose from, and they’re made with all low-impact, non-toxic dyes. The sheets are soft, thick, durable and they get softer each time you wash them.
You can find Under The Canopy at Bed Bath & Beyond. Click here to shop!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I appreciate you. You might also want to read why we’re switching to clean beauty.