Hey, friend! Today I’m sharing why we ditched candles and what we replaced them with. “Candles are so cozy though, I just can’t live without them especially in the fall!” Don’t worry I have a solution that will completely replace all the things we love about candles + give you added health benefits. Say what?!
Why You Should Ditch Candles + Air Fresheners
Here are the main reasons we ditched candles and air fresheners + replaced them with essential oils.
- candles are full of synthetic fragrance + chemicals
- oils not only completely replace the heavenly smells of candles but also support your body in many magical ways
Many candles and air fresheners contain phthalates (pronounced thal-ates)—hazardous chemicals known to cause hormonal abnormalities, birth defects, and reproductive problems. NRDC’s independent testing of 14 common air fresheners, none of which listed phthalates as an ingredient, uncovered these chemicals in 86 percent (12 of 14) of the products tested, including those advertised as “all-natural” or “unscented.”
The chemicals below were found in at least one of the 14 air fresheners NRDC tested.
- Di-ethyl Phthalate (DEP): Has been associated with changes in hormone levels and genital development in humans.
- Di-n-butyl Phthalate (DBP): Is recognized as a reproductive toxicant by the National Toxicology Program and the State of California, and can lead to changes in genital development.
- Di-isobutyl Phthalate (DIBP): DIBP metabolites have been associated with changes in male genital development.
- Di-methyl Phthalate (DMP): Inconclusive evidence has shown reproductive toxicity in animal studies.
- Di-isohexyl Phthalate (DIHP): Limited toxicity testing has shown that DIHP is probably a developmental and reproductive toxicant.
- Source: https://www.nrdc.org/sites/default/files/fairfresheners.pdf
Our bodies and brains aren’t designed to take on synthetic crap all the time but are designed to process plant-based materials. Fragrances act like drugs to our bodies. They enter into our bodies and mess with various hormone levels and neurotransmitters in order to produce change. 20 minutes is the average time it takes for bloodstream chemicals to influence a person. Fragrances can affect you almost immediately.
Oils to the Rescue
Unlike candles, a diffuser disperses essential oils without heating or burning, which can render the oil therapeutically less beneficial and even create toxic compounds. Research shows that cold-air diffusing certain oils may:
- Reduce airborne threats and unpleasant odors
- Relax the body, relieve tension, & clear the mind
- Improve concentration, alertness, & mental clarity
- Stimulate neurotransmitters
- Stimulate secretion of endorphins
KNOW BETTER DO BETTER
Okay cool, now what?
Order your starter kit, like yesterday!
- the starter kit is, by far, the best way to start using oils
- It comes with 12 oils that you are going to use regularly and are going to transform your life
- plus a diffuser and some other samples like thieves and Ningxia
- you also get a wholesale membership, which means you get 24%
- you get to be on my team which means we become oily BFFs
- you’ll never be alone // we have tons of resources and info
- for the month of November, anyone who gets a starter kit with me will also get a second diffuser and a diffuser bracelet in their welcome package.
- CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR KIT // JOIN MY WELLNESS FAMILY
Thanks for reading today!
My challenge for you is to look up all the ingredients in the candles and air fresheners you use. Toss the ones with toxic chemicals today!