We decided to start using essential oils at the beginning of 2019. I felt convicted about all of the products we were using around the house and being a blogger I had more things than the typical person. I started seeing posts from my friend Sam about essential oils and all the ways you could use them, I had no clue you could use oils for more than just “smell”. She uses Young Living so I looked up the company and what they were about. Turns out, they’re amazing, have been around forever. They go above and beyond and are fully transparent. I was hooked, got my kit, and never looked back.
I learn something new every day and it’s definitely a gradual lifestyle change, so don’t look at someone who’s been “oiling” for years and get overwhelmed. That’s actually the best part, I am obsessed with everything to do with essential oils and love sharing the things I’ve learned so far. So when you join me I will hold your hand and walk you through everything/answer all of your questions.
Why Young Living | Young Living’s Seed to Seal Promise
Essential oils are the volatile, aromatic liquids distilled from plants. The oil can be obtained from the seeds, roots, and entire shrub, flowers, leaves, and/or trees. Each plant may contain hundreds of molecular chemical compounds with names such as terpenes, sesquiterpenes, phenols, and aldehydes.
There is literally a science to how this is done and Young Living knows what they’re doing and doesn’t cut corners. It blows my mind how much goes into making just one bottle of essential oil.
For example. Cypress has 280 known chemical constituents, and all 280 constituents must be present for cypress to have healing potency. If it’s f distilled for 20 hours, only 20 of the 280 properties are present. If distilled for 26 hours, none of the properties are released. Most cypress available on the US market is distilled for 3.5 hours. The correct length of time for distilling cypress is 24 hours, releasing all 280 properties. Can you guess how long YL distills cypress? You got it, 24 hours.
- Young Living is the only essential oil company that owns their farms and partners with farms all over the world that are willing to live up to their standards.
- Every other company purchases oils through brokers meaning they don’t have control over how their plants are grown or oils are distilled. All they can do is test it.
- Most oils sold in health food stores are aroma-grade or fragrance-grade, and while they do smell good they lack the same therapeutic and medicinal benefits of YL.
- Any bottle of essential labeled 100% pure essential oil is only required to have 3% essential oil in it. The rest can be additives like alcohol, carrier oils, fillers, or synthetics to increase volume or fragrance. This is why it’s so important not to ingest these oils EVER or in some cases even apply to your skin. READ your labels.
- The SEED TO SEAL promise applied to the entire process. This means the soil is free from pesticides, the water is pure, they use natural methods of pesticides like good garden insects or essential oils back on the plants. And they use manual labor to pull weeds.
- Like I mentioned above, YL has been around for over 20 years. They have an incredible variety of oils and blends, not to mention other products like cleaners and bath products.
- YL uses the finest production practices in the industry. They distill at low temperatures and pressures, using chemical-free water, and medical-grade stainless steel distillers. They use the first distill which results in the highest therapeutic qualities.
- Other companies distill faster and at higher temps to speed up the process all while losing the plant’s natural “earthy” constituents.
- YL is transparent. you can visit their farms and they have an open-door policy.
- YL oils meet all industry standards and are subjected to isotopic ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) analysis which determines whether a particular essential oil is naturally sourced or synthetic (created in a lab).
- YL not only does extensive testing in their own facility, but they also use 3rd party testing and have been awarded honors from Australia’s essential oil labs.
- There are no minimum sales or purchase requirements ever. Simply keep your wholesale membership with a $50 purchase per year.
- If you can’t tell from everything already, there is a lot that goes into making a bottle of essential oil. Cheap oils aren’t good and good oils aren’t cheap.
- A question I get a lot is “are essential oils safe?” or “are essential oils safe for kids/pets?”. If you are using anything but the highest quality oils then my answer is no, probably not. I do not recommend using any oils on your kids or family besides YL. I also do not recommend ingesting any oils besides YL’s vitality line.
Young Living is really the best guys and I would love to become your oily friend.
DM me on Instagram (toreynoora.oils) or email me (email@example.com) with any questions.