Hey guys! Today I’m sharing a few tips on how I spring clean. I used to be a clean freak, like clean windows and floors once a week kind of clean freak, before kids. Now I just stick to the basics and keep things tidy as much as possible. I recently cleaned out my entire cleaning cabinet and made my own cleaning products with, get ready, ONE product. Thieves is a cleaner made by Young Living that is intended to replace all of your products that are probably full of toxins and chemicals you don’t need in your life. I HIGHLY recommend you look up all of the products that you use for cleaning (some of them you probably use daily, like kitchen countertop cleaner) on the Think Dirty app to see what your workin with. I use Thieves cleaner for all my spring cleaning, here’s how I do it in 5 days.
Tips for Success
- Make a list of everything you want to get done over the course of 1-2 weeks. Things like decluttering, cleaning rooms, dusting, grout, baseboards, windows, etc. I’ll share my list below.
- Plan out what you’ll need for each task (glass cleaner, sponges, paper towel, trash bags, etc.)
- Do one thing/room a day so you don’t get overwhelmed. This one is hard for me because I like to get everything done in a day like I used to before kids, but not it’s just not possible to do that so I go in phases.
- Do your cleaning in the morning if you can. If you work in the morning then plan to do it on your day off. The earlier the better and the more motivated you’ll be.
- Just start. Once you have everything planned out just start, it’s like working out, the hardest part is just getting there/starting. Turn up the music and get going.
How To Spring Clean in 5 Days | Without Chemicals
Here is my list of things I need to get done for “spring cleaning”. These are things I do not do regularly, like every week or every month. I can make a list and tips on those types of chores too if you’d like! Let me know in the comments if you like cleaning posts. I can also do a video if you prefer.
DAY 1 grout + floors
- clean grout in the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms
- clean out cracks in the main floor (we have hardwood that has spaces in between some boards)
- vacuum under beds and areas that don’t get regularly cleaned
- defunk carpet by sprinkling carpet powder (recipe below) all over, let sit for an hour, then vacuum up
products needed: grout cleaner and sponge, rags, vacuum
DAY 2 windows + blinds
- clean all windows + dust all blinds
products needed: glass cleaner, paper towel, duster
DAY 3 baseboards + dust
- all baseboards
- dust walls and ceilings
products needed: all-purpose cleaner, paper towel, Swiffer with microfiber towels
DAY 4 declutter
- kids toys
- my closet
- girls closets
- storage room
products needed: glass cleaner, paper towel
DAY 5 clean cabinets + appliances
- use your Thieves all-purpose cleaner to wash all cabinets inside and out
- use the same cleaner to wipe down all appliances like the fridge (inside and out), inside the dishwasher, inside the microwave, and oven.
products needed: all-purpose cleaner, scrub brush, paper towel
First, what is thieves? Thieves is an essential oil blend of:
- Eugenia caryophyllus (Clove) bud oil
- Citrus limon (Lemon) peel oil
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Cinnamon) bark oil
- Eucalyptus radiata leaf oil
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil
Thieves household cleaner is a highly concentrated cleaner made with thieves oil and other ingredients that can be used to replace all household cleaners by diluting/mixing. My favorite part is knowing that I can clean anything in the house, top to bottom, and know it’s safe for the whole family. It smells like Christmas instead of a chemical bomb went off after you spend a day of cleaning which is also AMAZING. It’s EXTREMELY cost effective. One bottle of Thieves cleaner ($22) makes 20 bottles of cleaner making each bottle around $1 and I promise it’ll work the same if not better than your other cleaners. You need to try it for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.
Here are my recipes:
All Purpose Cleaner (16 oz glass spray bottle)
1 cap of Thieves Cleaner (optional add 5 drops of essential oil like lavender or orange) +fill to the top with water
Glass Cleaner (16 oz glass spray bottle)
1 cap of Thieves cleaner, 1 tsp white vinegar, (optional add 5 drops of essential oil like citrus fresh) +fill to top with water
Hardwood Floor Cleaner (16 oz glass spray bottle)
1 cap of Thieves cleaner, a splash of olive oil, 5 drops of essential oil like orange, pine, citrus fresh.
Easy Peasy Refillable Sponge Cleaner
1 cap of Thieves cleaner, 1 tsp of Thieves dish soap, fill with water.
Heavy Degreaser (for the stove, grout, shower, etc) (in a 16 oz glass spray bottle)
2 caps of Thieves cleaner, 10 drops of lemon essential oil
1 cup baking soda, 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
DIY Soft Scrub
2 cup baking soda, 3-4 tbsp water, 10 drops EO like lemon or citrus fresh, 3 tbsp Thieves cleaner, mix together in a glass jar
SIGN ME UP!
Are you ready to get your spring cleaning on with Thieves? The Thieves starter kit is only $160 and will last you FOREVER. One bottle of Thieves household cleaner has lasted me 6 months now and I still have about a quarter of the bottle left. You get TWO bottles in the kit so that should last you anywhere from 1-2 years.
Special just for my readers: DM me on Instagram (@toreynoora.oils) after you get your kit and I will send you $25 back via Venmo or Paypal.
Here’s what comes in the Thieves kit:
- Thieves 15-ml
- Thieves AromaBright™ Toothpaste
- Thieves Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash
- 2 Thieves Cleaner
- 2 Thieves Foaming Hand Soap
- 2 Thieves Spray
- 2 Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
- AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- Thieves Household Cleaner 1-oz. sample
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Business Cards
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Oil Bottles
- 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Essential Oil Magazine
- Essential Edge
- Member Resources
Let me know if you need help walking through the checkout process or have any questions! ALSO, let me know if you want a sample of this cleaning superhero!
I hope you found some helpful tips! When do you start spring cleaning? I like to start when I can open the windows and air the house out. It’s one of my favorite times of the year!